Yoga Basics & Meditation basics
Yoga is a ‘practice’. Some people are naturally flexible…..some not so much. Some days all of us are more flexible than other days. You do not have to be flexible to do yoga. All you have to do is ALLOW yourself to experience the movement (gentle or challenging) and the breath. It doesn’t matter how well you do, or if you can touch your toes. What does matter is that you enjoy each moment in some way. Your yoga practice is about finding the balance between strength and flexibility.
Meditation is also a practice…. of observing. You don’t have to clear your mind completely. All you need to do is hold still, observe, listen, breathe and enjoy. Research proves that even if you don’t like it, even if you think you can’t do it and even if you think you’re doing it wrong… the attempt itself to try meditation creates beneficial changes in your body and mind at a cellular level. YOU are making a difference just by trying! Click here to see our meditation video!
Suggestions for a respectful practice:
1. Inform your instructor of any injuries or medical conditions… please.
2. If it hurts, don’t do it
3. Wear light-weight, comfortable clothing
4. It is advisable not to eat a full meal within 90 minutes prior to yoga class.
5. Please silence your cell phones
6. It is highly recommended that you own your own yoga mat
7. Please remove your shoes in the studio
8. Please arrive on time
9. Keep an open mind, smile and have fun
10. We can safely modify any pose, please ask.
At Love Yoga we cultivate joy, health, strength and calm
by PRACTICING being joyful, healthy, strong and calm!
In each class we:
Breathe deep to nourish the body and soothe the nervous system to free up the space to move happily!
Move with awareness and a sense of humor to develop flexibility and strength!
Appreciate deep relaxation, calm the nervous system, reduces stress and allow healthy creativity to emerge!
Connect with this creativity (your natural instincts and intuition) through meditation to find clarity!