We often start conversations before or after yoga class but run out of time to finish. So we wanted to create an opportunity that encourages more conversation and connection with the people you see in class and others you haven’t yet met! We’ll start each brunch with a 20 minute introduction for topics such as acupressure for relaxation, creating your own yoga sequence, the poetry of yoga, chakra talk, the 8 limbs and more! We encourage you to participate in the conversation with questions, suggestions and your perspective. And you’re also welcome to just hang out, learn a little, eat a little and chat a little with others.
Our Brunch boxes are lovingly prepared by Homegrown Oregon Foods here in Albany where you can also order directly for delicious weekly meals or lunches that are gluten-free, dairy free and probiotic friendly.
- January: Creating a Personal Practice – design your own simple sequences for when you can’t get to a class.
- February: Acupressure for Relaxation – simple acupressure points that you can use for yourself to create a sense of calm.
- March: The 8 Limbs of Yoga & Yoga Styles – The philosophy of the 8 limbs and a brief overview of the many styles of yoga.
- April: Poetry of Yoga – It’s Poetry Month! We’ll share the concept of flow in yoga and words; feel free to share a poem of your own?
- May: Yoga & Meditation for Anxiety & Depression – It’s Mental Health and Meditation Month all in one! Great combo!
- June: Yoga with injuries w/PT – Dealing with an injury? Or has your yoga practice created one? Let’s chat with a Physical Therapist about how yoga can help.
- July: Chakra Talk – What is a Chakra??? And why does it matter?
- August: The Yoga Sutras – A brief overview of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
- September: Sanskrit words and mantras – Namaste, OM, Shanti, Tadasana, Malasana and Anahata. Whaaaat?
- October: TBD
- November: TBD
- December: TBD
Our newsletter below explains some new things: Our New Year’s Day classes, Our new Yoga Brunch Series, The French Yoga Tour and our Gentle Yoga Teacher Training! Lots of new and fun stuff!
Snow Daze Yoga for everyone tomorrow!! Be honest? Do you really love snow days?? 3 of them? Love Yoga will be open Friday for your sanity! I drove down today so I know we can make it tomorrow. 9:30am!Erin will be offering a FREE kids yoga class at the same time on the other side of the curtain. So feel free to bring your kiddos. You’ll all get out of the house and you’ll still get a little break! #love #yoga #snowday #stircrazy #winterbreak is coming! Thanks for the Crazy kid pics @maggiebahnson @sevilleerica @erinyatsui 💚. Please share this with other ‘snowcrazed’ kids!!
You might be able to make it in if you live nearby but we’d rather you not take the risk today. Enjoy the snow. We’re expecting a heat wave in the morning and gravelled roads so hope to be back in the mat tomorrow morning!
Closed tonight due to icy conditions. Please check back for an 8:30am update tomorrow!
We offer 3 options for our training program next year.
- The 200 hour Yoga Study Immersion for personal exploration: Take the training to expand your practice, connect with others and learn more about yoga philosophy, history, alignment, anatomy and more! Enjoy the opportunities to explore your connection to your self and others. Teaching is always an option if you decide to go further… but the exploration itself is powerful.
- The 200 hour Teacher Training Certification: Take the training to become a certified yoga instructor in a Yoga Alliance approved program. This program also counts toward CE Credit for current teachers.
- The 300 hour Teacher bridge program to a 500 hour certification: Take the 300 hour course to enhance and expand your teaching to earn your 500 hour certification through Yoga Alliance.
Find out more on November 5th @ 1pm: Get the outline, ask questions and meet the others!
Or click to the Yoga Training page at the top of the screen for more information.