8 Brand New Poses to Liven up Your Practice and Advance your skills.
(This is for everyone… whether you want to simply up your game casually or seriously improve your practice).
And if you’ve ever considered teaching… this is a fun sneak peak at our training approach!
Okay, so let’s dive in and play around with some fun postures, deepen our practice and creatively challenge our limiting perceptions of mind and body!
I literally watched this exact thing unfold in class last week… someone overcoming their own limiting beliefs about their abilities… (you know who you are 😉 – thank you).
And we all agreed, this is definitely worth doing!
I’m adding a cosmic twist to some traditional postures so we can have a little fun while exploring more expansive options.
So here’s what we’ll practice:
1. Astral Plank – (ESP-Extended Side Plank (Vasisthasana)
2. Shooting Star – UHPG (Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana)
3. Prancer – Dancer with a Twist (Natarajasana)
4. Happier Moons – Half, Revoved & Poets (the Chandrasanas)
4. A Murder of Crows – Up, Side & Down (The Bakasanas)
5. Sassy Scorpion – Forearm Stand with Flair (Vrschikasana/Pincha)
6. Wildthings – Easing into backbends (Urdhva Dhanurasana/ Camatkarasana)
7. Twisted Angels – (Parivrtta Trikonasana and Parsvakonasana – ‘The Angles – Tri and Side’)
8. Self Reflection – Svadhyaya. The most advanced posture ever.
These postures will challenge your strength, your mindset and your practice.
Please Be open to falling and wobbling… that’s how we build focus and resilience.
See you on the mat!